PHONE 520.837.9976 • EMAIL email@example.com
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL with verifiable expertise in revenue growth and expansion. Broad-spectrum business experience combines marketing, information technology, foodservice operations and management. Recognized as pragmatic and highly self-motivated, with the ability to consistently surpass goals. Skilled executive liaison with strong reputation of performance and professionalism. Willing to travel.
ASSISTANT TO THE OFFICE OF ENROLLMENT
11/2010 – PRESENT
KUYPER COLLEGE – GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN
Position calls for solid familiarity with all aspects of this ministry-focused college and its programs, as well as effective collaboration with financial aid, academics and student life. Responsible for maintaining CAMS student information system and for integration with PowerFAIDS Financial Aid and Salesforce.com systems along with any troubleshooting. Optimize enrollment and student success through managing correspondence, written materials, social media and delivery of recruitment services. Process all student and parent inquiries as well as update Financial Aid documentation. Accomplish excellent results using independent judgement in setting priorities, organizing work-flow and maintaining great communication.
- Facilitate the very best hospitality for prospective students and their families.
- Process hundreds of prospective applications for first-year and transfer students.
- Generate hundreds of Financial Aid awards for first-year and returning students.
- Accurately update student data on multiple Federal and State Government online systems.
- Responsible for default management and maintaining record low default rates.
- Use a wide range of social media strategies to complement on-going communication efforts.
- Work with diverse populations and establish rapport with people from varied backgrounds.
- Foster an atmosphere that supports students in achieving their goals.
- Maintain Admissions and Financial Aid portions of college Web site.
- Report on Enrollment status, results, trends and other key indicators for all college audiences.
- Report to the Vice President for College Advancement.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
4/2004 – 1/2009
THE BAKER GROUP – GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN
Overall responsibility for business development for this nationally recognized foodservice design firm specializing in the secondary and higher education markets. This self-directed position called for basic understanding of architectural practices and the construction process as well as familiarity with commercial kitchen equipment specifications. Cultivated new projects via expert execution of mulltiple trade events. Designed, launched and maintained the firm’s Web site, Intranet and CRM system; functioned in the role of IT Manager. Represented the company to all audiences in a compelling manner. Led day-to-day operations that included staff recruitment and training, budgeting, contract negotiation and infrastructure development.
- Liaised with Architectural design teams and clients to define project scope and identify ways to add value.
- Developed effective marketing campaigns that gained recognition and referrals.
- Dramatically improved revenue by transitioning market focus from secondary to higher education.
- Used outstanding writing skills and creative talent to craft portfolio and presentation materials that won project assignments and awards.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
7/2001 – 4/2004
BRIZO PROFESSIONAL SERVICES – SPRING LAKE, MICHIGAN
Responsible for maximizing growth and profitability via new business development and project management oversight for this National provider of software implementation and integration services specializing in inventory, labor, CRM and Web Services enterprise management systems for the quick service, fast casual and fine dining restaurant segments.
- Secured and maintained channel alliances that contributed to an ongoing sales increase of 30%.
- Established and managed major account strategy doubling sales volume for two consecutive years.
- Developed innovative administrative systems to manage projects and ensure achievement of client goals.
- Coordinated nationwide software integration project resulting in 100% customer retention and referral.
MARKETING MANAGER / REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
11/2000 – 7/2001
PROGRESSIVE SOFTWARE, INC. – CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA
Managed and directed all aspects of sales and marketing to the quick service and fast casual restaurant industry, while this global provider of point-of-sale (POS), real-time alerting and Web-based enterprise management systems underwent financial restructuring. Successfully coordinated trade shows, product launches and user group conferences. Completed extensive RFP responses, personally managed account calls and product presentations that supported sales of $7 million annually.
- Filled sales and marketing management positions previously requiring four full-time employees.
- Trimmed over $200,000 from fiscal marketing budget through business process reengineering.
- Put more new business in sales pipeline in four months than prior four years.
- Repositioned product line and identified new areas of opportunity that improved market share potential.
- Facilitated “Outstanding Retail Application Design Award” from NCR hardware partner.
5/1998 – 11/2000
CHICKASAW TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS, INC. – OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Directed all phases of marketing including product positioning and overall messaging strategy for foodservice POS, kitchen management and real-time web-based enterprise applications for this Subsidiary of Chickasaw Holding Company with operations in 30 states and annual revenues of $150 million. Oversaw market research, planning, advertising and public relations, as well as directed staff of four in the production of all promotional materials. Coordinated and participated in eleven trade shows annually. Reported to President.
- Delivered strategy that led company to recognition as foodservice technology leader within one year.
- Managed Business Plan production that resulted in an additional $4 million in investment capital.
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
10/1991 – 5/1998
SYSTEM CONCEPTS, INC. – SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA
Successfully negotiated and closed software sales to key restaurant chain operations for the developer of FOOD-TRAK®, a complete back-of-house food cost management application that included integrated hand-held devices, Web-enabled reporting and Enterprise Information System (EIS) technology. Called upon to formulate and manage comprehensive promotional strategy for reseller and POS alliance channels to improve sales and product profile. Reported to the President.
- Instrumental in the design and publication of exemplary reseller sales guidebook.
- Developed and conducted comprehensive sales training for reseller and alliance channel partners throughout the U.S.
PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
1/1988 – 10/1991
RAPATTONI CORPORATION – SIMI VALLEY, CALIFORNIA
Reported to the President with responsibility for implementation and support of software developed exclusively for Real Estate Associations throughout North America. Position required a combination of travel and telephone support in training a large customer base. Accountable for initial system design to facilitate smooth integration of automation into a fast growing, customized software market. Applications included full accounting, membership billing and industry-specific utilities.
FIRST SHIFT MANAGER
6/1986 – 1/1988
DENNY’S RESTAURANTS INC. – LA MIRADA, CALIFORNIA
Directed the efforts of four departments within Denny’s Corporate IS Division and reorganized personnel and job accountability to strengthen production efficiency. Maintained quality information processing and production on a timely basis, utilizing IBM and Amdahl mainframe equipment for the largest full-service family restaurant chain in the U.S. with more than 1,700 restaurants and sales of over $2 billion.
1983 – 1986
SWEDA INTERNATIONAL INCORPORATED – COMPTON, CALIFORNIA
Sold point-of-sale (POS) equipment to the foodservice and hospitality market in and around Los Angeles for this division of Litton Industries. Configured systems for specialized business needs; established significant client referral base and exceeded monthly sales quotas. Responsible for pilot sale of first Sweda back office accounting and inventory system in the Western U.S. in 1985.
GENERAL MANAGER / LIMITED PARTNER
1978 – 1983
JEREMIAH’S RESTAURANTS INCORPORATED – SANTA BARBARA, CALIFORNIA
Managed restaurants located in Huntington Beach, Northridge and San Diego for this Southern California-based fine dining and full bar concept developed by Carrows® Restaurants founder David G. Nancarrow. Direct P & L responsibility including purchasing, inventory, equipment maintenance, hiring, firing, training and scheduling. Assisted in the organization and opening of four restaurants in California during 1980. Succeeded in reaching record levels of profitability on a consistent basis.
BACHELOR OF ARTS
WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY – KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN
Environmental Studies & Anthropology Majors
Professional Development Coursework:
- Overview of Financial Aid Programs (NASFAA)
- Cultural Intelligence Building (The Office of Race Relations)
- Project Management Basic Skills (PMI)
- Fundamentals of Accounting (University of CA)
- Managing the Data Center as a Business (NY University)
- Introduction to Marketing (Cal State University)
- Understanding Telecommunications (TeleStrategies)
- Publication Design (University of CA San Diego)
- Local Area Networks (University of CA San Diego)
- Real Estate Law & Practice (Muskegon Community College)
- Microsoft Windows 10 / MS Office / Outlook / Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Project / Publisher
- Adobe Photoshop / Adobe Contribute
- Salesforce.com • Goldmine • ACT! • SalesLogix
- GoToMyPC • GoToMeeting • Linktivity WebDemo • Skype
- Numerous industry-specific applications and utilities
- Retail Solutions Providers Association (RSPA)
- West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum (WMSB)
- P.E.O. International
- University of South Dakota Foundation
- Fernwood Botanical Garden
- Michigan Waterfront Alliance
- Michigan Lake & Stream Association